Pena, Cosgrove, Forlow Earn All-MAAC Honors
All-MAAC Release | MAAC All-Academic Release
Niagara Falls, NY – Sophomore Fabian Pena (Miami, FL / Calusa Prep) was named to the All-MAAC First Team for the second-straight year while senior Matt Forlow (Cold Spring, NY / Haldane) and junior Tom Cosgrove (Staten Island, NY / Farrell) were each tabbed to the All-MAAC Second Team at the league's annual postseason banquet at Gallagher Arena.
* The lone unanimous All-MAAC selection, Pena was again recognized as the league's top backstop.
* Pena batted .333 (9th MAAC) with 65 hits (6th MAAC), a MAAC-leading 24 doubles, three home runs, 31 RBI, 100 total bases (4th MAAC) and a .513 slugging percentage (7th MAAC) while recording a team-leading 18 multi-hit games and nine multi-RBI performances.
* His 24 doubles rank fourth nationally and are first in the Jasper single-season annals, breaking the previous record of 22 that he along with Jose Carrera set a year ago.
* Has thrown out 35.1 percent (20-of-57) of runners on the bases
* Batted .398 during MAAC play with 17 runs, 13 doubles, one triple, one home run, 16 RBI and a .602 slugging percentage.
* Over his last seven games, Pena is hitting .593 with nine runs, 10 doubles, one home run and 13 RBI.
* Leads the MAAC and is 34th nationally with 99 strikeouts while going 5-6 with a 4.19 ERA and four complete games over 77.1 innings while limiting opposing hitters to a .264 average.
* With just one more strikeout, he will become just the third Manhattan pitcher to hit the century mark and is just six away from Chris Cody's school-record of 105.
* Has notched double-figures in strikeouts four times while earning MAAC Pitcher of the Week honors twice.
* During MAAC play, is 5-3 with 66 strikeouts, two complete games and one shutout over 51.0 innings.
* Earned his first weekly MAAC honor after striking out 10 in firing a two-hit shutout at Canisius.
* Finished the year with six strikeouts over 6.0 innings of four-hit ball in victory over Saint Peter's in collecting his second weekly accolade.
* Over his last six games, is 4-2 with a 1.50 ERA, 45 strikeouts and three complete games over 42.0 innings while limiting opposing hitters to a .220 average.
* Hit .308 (52-of-169) with a team-leading 33 runs, 10 doubles, four triples, three home runs, 30 runs and 10 stolen bases while posting a .467 slugging percentage.
* Also has recorded 14 walks while being plunked 13 times en route to posting a .399 OBP with 14 multi-hit games and seven multi-RBI performances.
* During MAAC play, is batting .392 with a team-high 18 runs, six doubles, one triple, two home runs, a team-leading 17 RBI and a team-best six stolen bases while posting a .581 slugging percentage and a .483 OBP.
* Is hitting .500 (20-of-40) in his last 12 games with 14 runs, six extra-base hits, 12 RBI, six walks and four stolen bases with seven multi-hit games.
* Named MAAC Player of the Week after hitting .727 (8-for-11) with seven runs, five RBI, three walks, two stolen bases, one double, one triple and home run series sweep of Saint Peter.
Seven Manhattan players were named MAAC All-Academic Team, which recognizes student-athletes that have completed two semesters at their institution while holding a cumulative grade point average of 3.20 on a 4.0 scale (as of fall 2016 semester).
Joe Jacques (Shrewsbury, NJ / Red Bank Regional)
Shawn Kanwisher (Washington Township, NJ / St. Joseph Regional)
Joey Rocchietti (Green Brook, NJ / Watchung Hills)
Brendan Bisset (New City, NY / Don Bosco Prep)
Adam Genners (Jacksonville, FL / Stanton College Prep)
Paul Genners (So., Jacksonville, FL / Stanton College Prep)
Marc Galvan (Brielle, NJ / Manasquan)
Manhattan will begin play in MAAC Tournament against No. 4 Iona on Wednesday, May 24 at 3:30 pm.