Manhattan Trio Named To MAAC All-Rookie Team
Poughkeepsie, NY - Manhattan Freshmen Brandon Grinnell (Wakefield, MA / Wakefield Memorial), Trevor Pelletier (Miami, FL / Gulliver Prep) and CJ Scharf (West Islip, NY / West Islip) were all named to the MAAC All-Rookie Team.
The three selections are tied for the most in the MAAC with Detroit Mercy and are the most in school history.
* Third on Manhattan with 20 points and fourth with 12 goals and eight assists
* Started all 14 games
* MAAC Rookie of the Week after scoring three goals with an assist over games with Delaware and UMass Lowell
* Had four multi-goal games
* Second on Manhattan with 14 goals and fifth with 19 points
* Played in all 14 games, making seven starts
* MAAC Rookie of the Week after scoring three goals with an assist in win over Wagner after adding a goal and an assist against Bryant.
* Scored in 12-of-14 games
* Seventh in the MAAC with a team-leading 15 assists
* Second on Manhattan with 24 points to go along with nine goals
* Played in 14 games, making seven starts
* Recorded a point in 13-of-14 games while notching four multi-assist and two multi-goal games
Additionally, nine Jaspers earned recognition on the 2017 MAAC Men's Lacrosse All-Academic Team: Senior Connor Flannery (Medford, NJ / Shawnee), classmate Gian Noto (Jacksonville, FL / Creekside), junior Conor Darby (Havermill, MA / Assumption), classmate Chris Sammarro (Mountain Lakes, NJ / Mountain Lakes), junior Michael Zingaro (Cortlandt Manor, NY / Walter Panas), sophomore Nicholas Gazzillo (Freehold, NJ / CBA), classmate Troy Golding (Centennial, CO / Arapahoe), sophomore Cole Johnson (Dexter, NY / General Brown) and classmate Jared Lee (Plainview, NY / Chaminade).
To be eligible for the MAAC All-Academic Team, a student-athlete must complete two semesters at their institution and hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.20 on a 4.0 scale.